macos The iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt Ask Different
So if you keep running out of disk space, you can safely delete them. Additionally, you might want to delete an IPSW file if it’s corrupted and you keep running into issues while updating or restoring an iPhone or iPad. That should again prompt Finder or iTunes to download a fresh copy from the Apple servers. Each folder may all mobile firmwares contain one or more IPSW files. The iPad “iPad” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt.
When you received an error message that tells “Word experienced an error trying to open the file…”, the .docx Word file is not corrupted. It could be locked in a read-only state.
- Apple provides a few troubleshooting tools to help you resolve performance problems that occur with your iPhone.
- Also tried logging into iCloud to “Find My Phone” but the phone couldn’t be found (perhaps because it is disabled).
- Your Mac or PC will automatically download an IPSW file from the Apple servers when you update or restore an Apple mobile device using iTunes or the Finder app.
- When your iPhone or iPad says the firmware is not compatible, the first thing you need to do is to restart your computer.
- When the 3 repair steps complete, click “Show preview” or click “Download DEMO file” to check the file content before payment.
- If instead of the Backups folder, there is an alias to Backups (shortcut called Backup), your files are located in the different directory.
To do this, connect your phone to its lightning cable and long press the Home button while connecting it to your system. Holding the Home button, open iTunes on your system until you see its symbol on your device. Now, you can take the assistance of iTunes to restore it.
IMobie PhoneRescue is one of the best iPhone recovery software that helps you to get back your essential data with ease. It provides full access to all your files and data stored in iCloud backups. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a tool that helps you to recover formatted, deleted, or lost data. It is a user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve data from corrupted files. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery has expertise in getting back your accidentally or permanently deleted files from your iOS device. To ensure a high success rate, it provides three different methods to retrieve your data directly from your iPhone, previous iTunes backup, and iCloud backup.